A home by the water always has a certain appeal – it evokes visions of sunshine, fresh air, and back-to-back happy days. The thought of it beckons, calling you away from the clamour and the clutter of the city, and toward a more pleasant, quiet environment. It’s a setting for increased peace of mind and better health too.
Watertown is going to be the first mixed-use development in Punggol to maximize the blessings of Punggol Waterway. A most luxurious condominium will be integrated with a world-class shopping centre, Waterway Point, which will feature a gamut of retail and leisure options including an IMAX cinema. In addition, these will all be seamlessly linked with the Punggol LRT and MRT stations. Watertown is a 99-year leasehold brought to us by Far East Organization, in cooperation with Frasers Centrepoint and Sekisuki House. It is now under construction at Punggol Central in District 19, to be completed in the year 2017 and legal fulfilment by 2020.
Punggol’s Bountiful Offerings
Punggol Waterway, Singapore’s first man-made waterway, offers a breadth of beautiful, natural scenery as well as an engaging history. Stretching a length of 4.2 kilometres, it just kisses the site of Watertown.
It would please you to know that Punggol is currently being transformed into a dynamic residential area by the waters, with 7 nascent neighborhoods waiting to to be populated. Major improvements are lined up, among which are new roads, cycling tracks, parkways and waterside promenades. A new sports complex is also on the works, as well as educational institutions, plus a new town plaza with a community club, activity areas, and a hawker centre.
Singapore’s first eco-town is definitely going to be more accessible and verdant, promoting environment-friendly pursuits. Green-fringed walking paths will abound, where anyone can take a quiet breather embraced by lavish verdure. A number of these will lead toward the coastal promenade and the new park at Coney Island. The Old Punggol Road will be transformed into one such path, as it will be closed to traffic and preserved as a 1.5-kilometre Heritage Trail.
Life Choices Galore
Over a thousand spacious homes are offered by Watertown. About 30,000 square metres of land will be occupied by eleven 14-storey residential blocks, containing multiple living options:
– Suites: 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units
– Condominium flats: 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units
– SoHo: 2-bedroom or 3-bedroom units
– Sky Patios: 2, 3, or 4-bedroom units.
A Restful Way of Being
Elegance and luxury come hand-in-hand at Watertown. Not only will you have a beautifully-designed, modern home, but access to a whole lot of lifestyle offerings as well. You’ll have everything you need to relax, recharge and reconnect, just outside your doors. For starters, the place has a total of 9 lap pools.
Right by the SoHo units are a cluster of pleasures, including a lap pool, a lounge deck, a cabana, and an outdoor fitness zone. There will also be the Business Pod, the Dining Pod, the Hammock Terrace, the Tree Grove, and a reflective pool.
The Condo blocks, meanwhile, will also have their own collection of pools, from a lap pool, to a lounge pool, a reflective pool and a hydrotherapy pool. These will of course be complemented by a lounge cabana, an open deck and the Water Dining Pavilion. Also right within the area are a lily pond and a fitness zone.
Residents of the Suites will have a bunch of amenities right outside their homes as well: a lap pool, a spa pool, a hydrotherapy pool, a lounge deck, a fitness deck and a dining pavilion.
And of course, the Sky Patios will have access to another swimming area composed of a lap pool, a spa pool, a reflective pool, and a hydrotherapy pool. Besides these, there will be the dining villa, a bbq villa, an open deck, a deck terrace, and a landscape garden. Residents may also enjoy the Tree Grove, the gym, the rooftop tennis court, the spa steam room, and the Kid’s Play Zone. Topping things off is the Watertown Villa.
Lastly, the development will be equipped with a parking area to have 1,665 slots, as well as 24-hour security.
Shopping and Leisure at Waterway Point
Within your easy reach is a broad selection of retail shops, eateries, amenities and entertainment facilities at Waterway Point. With four above-ground levels and two basement floors, it gives residents a go-to destination for their shopping and leisure options.
What Else Is Nearby?
– Also within a short distance are malls like Rivervale Plaza, Compass Point, Hougang Mall, and Punggol Plaza. They are each just less than 2 kilometres from Watertown.
– Residents have the advantage of having supermarkets and groceries close by, such as Cold Storage in Compass Point, NTUC Fairprice in Rivervale Mall, Sheng Siong at Punggol Central, and Prime Supermarket at Punggol Field.
– Recreational areas include Punggol Waterway Park, Punggol Point, Punggol Promenade, Sengkang Riverside Park, Sengkang Sports and Recreation Centre, Sengkang Community Hub, and Marina Country Club.
– Families with children won’t have a hard time finding suitable schools for the young ones. You can consider educational institutions within a short distance, like Edgefield Primary, Edgefield Secondary, Horizon Primary, Compassvale Primary, Riverval Primary, Punggol Secondary, or others.
– Parents of little kids can live a little easier, as there are a number of childcare centres within walking distance, such as Merry Kids, Young Elite Childcare and Development, and Everyland.
– Driving to other destinations in Singapore will be a piece of cake, as you can take accessible routes such as Punggol Way, Tampines Expressway, or Central Expressway. You can get to the CBD or Orchard Road without any hassle.
– Apart from the Punggol LRT and MRT Stations, the Sengkang and Buangkok MRT Stations are just within the vicinity too.
Watertown is an elite residential address in the heart of a verdant, progressive town. Its incomparable charm is a promise of blissful days and a productive life. Living here will be like dwelling in a never-ending retreat, a joyous dream come true. Compare mortgage loan Singapore with iCompareLoan mortgage broker soon, and make it happen for you and your family.
For advice on a new home loan.
For refinancing advice.
Download this article here.